Zylin Embedded CDT
Zylin-embedded CDT works with Eclipse 3.6. No attempt is made at retaining
compatibility with older versions, although the source code history is availble.
A long time ago Zylin Embedded CDT had some patches to CDT, but in the last
few years, no patches to CDT are necessary.
ZY1000 owners who have problems with the Zylin Embedded CDT plugin are welcome to
send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
your best bet for help is the zylin-discuss
Eclipse update site
Download & installation
- Install Eclipse 3.6 and corresponding CDT or newer. We recommend the Eclipse Classic package
- Eclipse CDT
- Install Zylin-embedded CDT using the Eclipse Update Site.
Follow the example of http://subclipse.tigris.org/install.html
except use the Eclipse Update Site http://opensource.zylin.com/zylincdt in place of "http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.0.x".
The source code is hosted at http://repo.or.cz/w/zylincdt.git
- Q: Is the plug-in only for embedded development?
- A: No. It is a generic GDB debug plug-in. It can be used for many types of targets, such as Linux/Cygwin work.
- Q: Does it support all JTAG/hardware debuggers?
- A: Most of them. You can issue "monitor XXX" commands to send commands to the JTAG/hardware debuggers in the GDB startup/run scripts to perform such functions as flash programming and resetting the
target. No fancy flash programming GUIs though--the JTAG/hardware debugger should
- Q: Is the plug-in specific to eCos?
- A: No.
- Q: Is the plug-in specific to ARM?
- A: No. In principle, it can be used with any CPU that GDB supports.
- Q: Does the plug-in work under Windows/Cygwin/Linux/Mac/QNX/Sun?
- A: Yes.
Launch requester screenshot